Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scale Victory!

I'm not generally one to step on a scale.  Even though I have set these goals, which will be further discussed below, I don't want to stress myself out about how much I weigh and would rather measure my progress with how my clothes fit.  That said, I did step on a scale.  I lost four pounds in the last two weeks.  I call that a victory and am really excited about it.

Because of this scale victory, I figure it might be a good time to publish some of my goals and how I plan on achieving them.  My long-term goal is to lose 60 pounds by Oct 1, 2012.  That equals out to five pounds a month which I think is ambitious but not overly so.  A short term goal that I have is to fit into an older pair of jeans that is one size down from what I'm now wearing by Christmas.  I think that they are both doable.

Currently I am trying to get to the gym three times a week where I do cardio exercises.  Yesterday I incorporated some weight training machines and hope to continue this and try two new machines each time I go.  In terms of calories and diet, I'm not counting calories but I am paying attention to and making food choices based on how many calories there is.  I do think that I'll be counting calories but I'm trying to make changes incrementally so that they stick better.

No comments:

Post a Comment