Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Introduction

To start out with, I've never really been a blogger.  I'm not sure if I ever really had that much to say.  Honestly, I'm still not sure.  However, I am trying to make some changes in my life, some little changes that will hopefully lead to big changes.  I am trying to lose weight.  I've never tried any fad diets, I've never joined weight watchers or Jenny Craig or anything like that.  I've never even tried counting calories.  I've had periods of time where I did exercise frequently, but those times weren't long-lasting or frequent.  Similarly, I've had times where I've had a better diet but like, the exercise, it didn't stick. 

I'm hoping to change this, but one step at a time.  The first step for me was joining a gym.  I joined a gym last week that is directly across the street from work.  I pull out of the parking lot and see the sign.  That's the basis of it's appeal.  If I see the gym, and if my workout bag is on the seat of my car next to me, I have a difficult time coming up with an excuse to not go.  So my first goal is to go to the gym at least three times a week in order to do 30 minutes of cardio. Today, I was successful.  Two more times to go this week!

The whole point of this blog is to keep me honest with myself so that, incrementally, there is a little less of me.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea! Time is definitely a luxury for me as I work full-time and I am working towards my master's.

    ReplyDelete